Schools in Wills Townships
Prepared by Gloria D. Arndt
Click on photos for larger image.
Puddletown built in 1868 located in section 9, Hwy. 2 and 850 East, moved to 350N and 700 East section 18 (1921)
Oak Grove - Section 36. Located on the southwest corner of 600E and 50N Closed in 1948
Sauktown - located on Section 28, 150 North and County line road. ( Independence ) on Ingrahm land (1874-1921)
Baptist Church & School - Section 13, 300 North and 600 East (18621874)
Bootjack 1846 located in section 5 on Shaw land (1862-1874)
Brown - located on section 19 (1874) on the SE corner 200 North and 700 East on Brown property.
Center -Closed in 1948 On the corner of 350 North and 700 East, Section 18 (1921)
Le Mans - a boarding school operated by the Brothers of the Holy Cross with teaching headquarters at Notre Dame University in South Bend. Erected in 1932-33, Section 1 (pic)
Dr. E. A. Rumelys Interlaken , Section 1, founded in 1907 and closed in 1918
Sabbath School Independence Sauktown, denomination Union Bootjack M. E. Baptist Church - 1836