Achievements and Goals
This Internet site is to connect LaPorte County Pioneer
Cemeteries which is part of the INPCRP (Indiana Pioneer Cemeteries Restoration
Project) informational pages to the World Wide Web. We are sharing histories
and knowledge about the LaPorte County Cemeteries and the diverse families that
lived and died here.
- Input older LaPorte County Cemetery listings on
line for those seeking their predecessors. In so doing, we allow the reader to
reply and add to or correct these older listings.
- Place an open invitation for those wishing to join our efforts
in reading cemeteries and inputting information on to the Internet on
- Link to sites that have information or listings about LaPorte County
Histories and Cemeteries that have been done by an individual or as a group
- Biography Pages: Receive and publish, on the World Wide Web, donated
stories and histories from viewers. Share with on line viewers, including the
LaPorte County and Cemetery Historians, the most current information.
- Implement a guest book on site for those wishing to comment and make
positive suggestions about how we may improve our site.
- Biweekly - update a news page about Cemetery events, tours, public
meetings and news articles on site titled "Cemetery News".
- List INPCRP - "LaPorte County Volunteers" and cemetery projects they
are working on at present.
- Offer a thank you page titled "Donations" to those that are currently
making material and informational donations to better our site.
- Link to the INPCRP for activities and helpful information being
offered by the Indiana Pioneer Cemetery Restoration Project.
- Add each "NEW" cemetery listing as it is read and
presented to the LaPorte INPCRP: And list on that individual cemetery page the
LaPorte County Cemetery Volunteer Historian(s), that read, mapped and logged it
for a perpetual history. This will be the primary page the viewer goes to
for that cemetery.
- Link from the individual "new" cemetery listing on line to the
"older" listing that was previously placed on line. This will assure us that
even though nature or vandalism might have taken their toll on some of the
burial sites, the individuals buried there will still be on a visible
- Link to future sites coming on to the Internet as public
awareness grows for our county.
- Continue with the efforts 1 through 9 in Achievements listed