Pine Lake Cemetery
La Porte County, Indiana
1367 Pine Lake Road, City of LaPorte© 2015 This site is copyrighted and information here in,
should only be copied if each burial shows -"Obtained from
The Cemetery & Research Association of LaPorte Co."
Reconstruction was Completed - March 1, 2015
There are now over 15,000 burials listed on this site.
Chapel in Pine Lake
Over view and Cremation Holder
in right of picture
Pine Lake Cemetery: Phone 219-362-2017 - - - - Office Hours are: 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. M-F and 9:00 a.m. to noon on Saturday.Brief history: This cemetery was started in August 1856 when the "Old City Cemetery" became too small. Pine Lake Cemetery Association
dates back to 1858 when the first known burial took place. The Old City Cemetery, on the West edge of town, closed for the most part in the 1870's,
after both Pine Lake and Patton Cemetery had been established. A newspaper article dated 23 March 1893, provided a list of names of those still
buried in the Old City Cemetery. It offered relatives a chance to relocate their deceased loved ones to the cemetery of their choice. Those that weren't claimed were
moved in 1893 and are now buried in a mass grave in Pine Lake Cemetery. When the remains of those buried in the old cemetery were removed to
Pine Lake Cemetery, 499 bodies and many tombstones could not be identified.
Thank you to all who gave of their time and talent to accumulate these listings, studies and photographs.
Please keep in mind that this is an expansive cemetery.
Although we do not have all the burials, we strongly feel that we have a large representation of family surnames of those laid to rest here.
March 2015 - In the last several months I studied and combined many of the previous listings done and placed them in alphabetical order.
1. March 1898 - August 1930 burials - (Abstracted by Mrs. Fern Eddy Schultz La Porte County (IN) Historian - researched in 1995)
2. Partial Listing of from Burial Permits over the last several decades. (1960's to 2014)
3. Researched older and newer burials from obituaries and donated family files.
4. Researched and Photographed areas: mostly older areas: contributed and listed on site.
5. Stone Photos taken at cemetery and available from various sources on line.
6. Obituaries noting Pine Lake as their final resting place.
7. Social Security Death Index
8. Indiana Deaths 1882 to 1920
9. Illinois Deaths and Stillbirth Index 1916-1947 & Cook County, Illinois Deaths and Burials 1878 to 1922
10. U.S. Headstone Applications for Military Veterans 1925 to 1963
11. La Porte County Veteran files for Pine Lake..
12. Obituary info from our Obit index showing 1910, 1920 and late 1960's to 1990's
|Ab to Am||An to Az||Ba||Be||Be to Bl||Bo|
|Br||Bu to Bz||Ca||Ce||Ch||Ci to Cl|
|Co||Cr to Cz||Da||De||Di to Dm||Do|
|Dr to Dz||E||Fa to Fe||Fi||Fl to Fy||Ga to Ge|
|Gi to Gl||Gn to Gz||Haa to Ham||Han to Har||Has to Haz||He|
|Hi||Ho||Hu to Hy||I||Ja to Ji||Jo to Ju|
|Ka||Ke||Ki to Kj||Kl||Km to Ko||Kr to Kw|
|La||Le||Li to Ll||Lo||Lu to Ly|
|Maa to Man||Map to Maz||Mc||Me||Mi to Ml||Mo to Mr|
|Mu to My||N||O||Pa||Pe||Ph to Pi|
|Pl to Po||Pr to Py||Q||Ra||Re||Rh to Ri|
|Ro||Ru to Rz||Sa to Sb||Sca to Sch||Sco to Scr||Se|
|Sh||Si to Sk||Sl to Sn||So to Sp||St||Su to Sz|
|Ta to Th||Ti to To||Tr to Ty||U||V|
|Wa||We||Wh||Wi||Wo||Wr to Wy|
Researched Areas & Random
Photographed Areas from various sources
Contributed between 2004 to 2012
|CBA Area - Donated Reading||Pine Lake Cemetery Map||La Porte County Obituaries|
|Old North Woods Burials - Donated Reading||Donated Burials from researchers||Old City
burials moved to Pine Lake
Teresa O'Riley & Deanna West
& Cindy Hester - 2012
USGENWEB NOTICE: These electronic pages cannot be reproduced in any format for profit or other presentation.
Material may be freely used by non-commercial entities, as long as this message remains on all copied material, *and*
permission is obtained from the contributor of the file. This cemetery is NOT owned by the city of LaPorte but is a separate entity
and operated by an association.
Please remember when calling this or any cemetery to ask for a few burials and not all of one family interned in the cemetery.
An example of what not to ask would be "I want to know all the Smiths or all the Jonses buried here".
© Copyright 2015
Cemetery and Research Association of LaPorte County, Indiana