Site Updated December 28, 2012
Please do not copy off of this site unto another public site,Starting on Memorial Day weekend 2012, Russell Hapke went out and photographed all visible stones in the cemetery. Some of the older ones read several decades ago, have become illegible due to weathering. There was also evidence of a few stones broke off at the base and no longer in existance. They are indicated with a no under photo available collumn. Russ also took photos of many of family burial lots and rows
without at least showing the courtesy of asking for permission.
so those who may visit the cemetery at a later date, will have a visual aid of where to look for these final resting places of our loved ones. This was a huge undertaking.
An aerial map at the bottom of the page shows an overview with all five photographed areas - broken down into photographed sections:
OS=Oldest section located North and East side of church.
TR=Triangle shape burial area between middle section and Hwy 2
FE=Fence row area by agricultural field and North of Middle Section
MS1=Middle Section = inside loop starting at West to East ending by tree group (inside loop shown on map)
MS2=Middle Section = inside loop starting by Old Well going East to Wozniak Rd (inside loop shown on map)
Pinhook Cemetery sits on the corner of State Road
Hwy 2 and North Wozniak Road with entrances off of both roards.
Levi Garwood donated the land for the
construction of Pinhook Community Methodist Church in 1846.
Then a few years later the small little white
church was used by a small informal group that called itself the Pinhook
Veterans - Pinhook Cemetery
Map From Google Earth site
Return to LaPorte County Indiana Cemeteries and Research Association
Cemeteries of LaPorte County