1015 Greenwood Ave., Michigan City
LaPorte County, Indiana
Cemetery Over view
Figures kneeling at Virgin
|Above Photos taken by:
Teresa O'Riley & Deanna West
From: Michigan City Weekly News, 12 June 1901
Excerpt from The Michigan City Common Council meeting:
A resolution was adopted giving the council’s assent to the request of St. Stanislaus’ church as noted above for the use of ten acres of land as
a cemetery for members of that church. The sexton is to perform such duties in the new cemetery as he now does in Greenwood and Calvary cemeteries.
By this resolution a highway 30 feet wide on the west side of the land is dedicated and $100 is appropriated also to be used in building a culvert over a stream
which runs through the land. The committee on streets and alleys and committee on bridges are to make these improvements.
Below is a list of burials dating from approximately 1905 to the mid 1930's and family information donated to the LaPorte Cemetery Web Site.
A Warm "Thank You" to those who are donating this valuable information. There are no immediate plans to read the stones and transcribe
St. Stanislaus Cemetery for the internet. We are attempting to read the older cemeteries first where there are no contacts for burial information.
Patricia Gruse Harris is a historian for St. Stanislaus Cemetery. You may E-mail her at email@example.com and she will look up requests for
burials therein and give the stone inscription, if a stone exists. Please make sure to state full name of ancestor and approximate time frame when
corresponding with Pat or any of the other Historians on our web site. Please send me a courtesy copy of emails for requests and answers.
This site updated on July 6, 2010
Anyone wishing to donate information about families in any LaPorte County cemetery, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donated Burial Listing
The Following is a Partial Burial List from
Surnames Beginning with the following letter
|Y||Z||Donated by families|
Colleen Miltenberger partial reading.
Cemeteries of LaPorte County
This site done by Deanna West - Dune Lady Web Designs